|Date of birth||June 24, 1967|
|Birth place||Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA|
|Years active||1989 to present|
|Seasons||1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, & 15|
|First episode||"24 Hours"|
|Last episode||"And in the End..."|
|Credits||141 episodes (see below)|
Sherry Stringfield, born June 24, 1967 in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA, is an actress. She stars as Dr. Susan Lewis in first, second, and third seasons. She left the show after the third season but returned to the role for the eighth season and remained part of the starring cast until the twelfth season premiere "Canon City". She reprises the role one last time for the season finale "And in the End...". She has also appeared in the series Guiding Light, NYPD Blue, and Tell Me You Love Me. She is also known for her roles in the films 54 (1998) and The Stepfather (2009).
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3 - Until "Union Station"
- Season 8 - From "Never Say Never" onward
- Season 9
- Season 10
- Season 11
- Season 12 - "Canon City"
- Season 15 - "And in the End..."
- Eldest of three siblings.
- Born in Colorado Springs, Colorado, but mainly raised in Spring, Texas.
- Attended Klein High School where she participated in athletics & acting.
- Attended the Acting Conversatory of the State New York at Purchase; graduated in 1989 with a B.F.A.
- After leaving "ER" in 1996, Sherry taught acting at her alma mater SUNY Purchase.
- Spent a year traveling through Europe.
- Enjoys skiing, riding motorcycles, reading and traveling.
- Dated British businessman Paul Goldstein in the early '90s for nearly three years, but broke due to the pressures of a long-distance romance.
- Dated Noah Wyle during the first season of "ER".
- Left "ER" in November of 1996 to move back to New York and to spend more time with her boyfriend, investment banker Odell Lambroza. The following year, they broke up.
- Was nicknamed "The Goodbye Girl" in 1996 by people in Hollywood because of her leaving numerous popular TV shows.
- Married Larry Joseph in October of 1998. They divorced in January of 2006.
- Has two children: a daughter named Phoebe (born in March of 2001) and a son named Milo (born in April of 2004).
- Her paternal grandmother is from Sweden.
- Sherry is the only cast member to leave and return to "ER."
- Currently resides in Los Angeles, California.