|Date of birth||June 8, 1966|
|Birth place||Spring Valley, New York, USA|
|Years active||1991 to present|
|Seasons||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 15|
|First episode||"24 Hours"|
|Last episode||"Old Times"|
|Credits||135 episodes (see below)|
She reprised the role for "Old Times", an episode of the fifteenth and final season. She initially appeared in the series pilot "24 Hours" as a guest star, with her character's suicide attempt being a major plot point.
Julianna's character was expected to die at the end of the pilot episode, but after test audiences responded positively to her, the producers elected to make her a series regular.
She has also appeared in the films Ghost Ship (2002) and Snakes on a Plane (2006). She was also the lead actress in the CBS drama series The Good Wife.
- Season 1 - episode 2 "Day One" onwards
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 15 - "Old Times" only
- Her mother, Francesca was a teacher and a ballet dancer and her father, Paul was an advertising writer (who was best known for writing the Alka-Seltzer jingle catchphrase, "Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz, Oh What a Relief").
- Is the youngest of three daughters.
- Her parents were both born Jewish although her mother converted to Christianity when Julianna was five years old. Her parents' families were from Romania, Austria, Hungary, and Russia.
- Attended grade school at Green Meadow School in Spring Valley, New York and high school at High Mowing School in Wilton, New Hampshire.
- Lived in New York, France, and England as a child.
- Majored in art history and appeared in several campuses plays at Sarah Lawrence College and spent her junior year abroad in Florence, Italy. She graduated from the school with a Bachelor's degree in liberal arts.
- Married lawyer Keith Lieberthal on November 10, 2007.
- On January 17, 2008, she gave birth to her son, Kieran Lindsay Lieberthal.
- Has two Abyssinian cats.
- Met her former boyfriend Ron Eldard in an acting class in 1991 and dated until 2003.
- Is the only "ER" cast member to have ever received an Emmy Award. She has also been awarded the Screen Actors Guild Award for "Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series" two years in a row (1998 and 1999).
- Was named one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in the World in 1998.